Charlie,
The Nat's is a stepping stone.

F3h[Cross Country] fliers maintained their proficiency should a WC be
run anytime.
F3k[HLG] pilots, I hear, turned out for what has been reported once
again as a fun and competitive day.

For the F3j pilots its another "practice, practice, practice" session
since they don't have to qualify for the team selection contest.

The F3b event is run as a 2 round event making it a "qualifier" and
there were three pilots that were unqualified going into the event, I
think two were hoping to "Q". Neither qualified that day and I'm
sorry we didn't have time to do absolutes after the event. but for
the others, all going to the finals in Sacramento[and the Worlds?],
it was good practice.