My friend had a problem with his 8UAF & crashed an expensive scale
glider because of it.  The repairman told him that the pins that connect
to the RF module came unsoldered from the circuit board inside the
radio.  Said it is a common problem.  Resoldering the pins fixed the
radio.  Symptoms included loss of transmitting signal when pressure is
applied to the RF module.

Jimmy