Keith,
I recently tried this on one of my HLG wings. Wax and buff the mylars first,
then spray right over top. I let mine dry over night, but I think it only
needs to be dry to the touch. I used 'Painters Touch' spray paint from Home
Depot with very good results. Make sure when you spray, to apply the paint
using several light coats instead of one heavy one. Also, if you paint
numbers or letters, you must paint them in mirrored view so that they will
read correct after bagging. This method really works great.

Jeff Winder
Cincinnati, OH