Hi Louis

Louis  you were wondering where the moisture on your
receiver come from?  The same place the due on the grass
comes from, or the moisture on the mirror after a shower.
If you cool off the receiver and then put it in a warm moist
area the moisture in the air will condensate on the receiver
shorting out the high impedance circuitry. (reason your
glasses fog up)

When you leave your aeroplane in the trunk of your car in
and the temperature drops to 40 degrees at 5 AM in the
morning the receiver has cooled all night and it takes time
to warm up in the morning. The sun then increases the
temperature at sunrise fast, and the moisture forms on all
cool objects like grass, or Xmttrs or receivers in car. This can
happen in the house also if the above conditions occur.

Most electronic equipment used outdoors is sprayed with
Conformal Coating which prevents the circuitry from getting
wet, yet has a  high enough  impedance when dry that it does
not effect the receiver operation.  Acrylic  Varnish could effect
the receiver operation, if you have a problem after varnish
it is for this reason. Conformal coating is used as the
insulation resistance is high enough as not to effect the
circuitry.

I suggest you dry out your receiver and keep the plane in a
warm dry place so these condition do  not occur.  Use
Denatured Alcohol It would be interesting to find out what
the other RC manufacturers are doing to there receivers
and transmitters to prevent this condition.  I think they
assume RC equipment is indoor stored equipment.  I had
my camcorder stop in Calgury because of this condition. I
took it in the motel every night after that.

Happy Landings

Glenn