I thought you would all find this interesting!!

This is scary because I had it happen to mine!!!  It happens when you log
off.  I hope it didn't happen to any of you but here's how to solve the
problem.

This comes from a friend of mine who's a certified "AOL SS Agent"! He tests
they're products, such as "AOL 5.0" before we even heard of it, as well as
investigates stuff like this ... so this is for real ... heed his word.

May God Richly Bless You,

Kuro  <}}}}><

P.S. I don't know if this includes Compu Serve or not, I'll ask him. It might
very well since they are both owned by AOL and very closely linked.

To All My AOL Buddies!

Hello all, just thought I'd share this with you so you can keep abreast of
what some of these meanies are up to now.  You may not have seen any-
on your screen that looks like this but it won't hurt to check the info.
out.  Please take a few mins and do it, its very important.

If anybody has seen this on their screen, it means their password has been
stolen.  The little lock on this picture spins around, and the picture only
pops up when either you sign off or are booted from AOL.
 [Unable to display image]

 Here's how to deal with it......
 There's only one way to find out if you have that trojan, the one that has
stolen a password. No antivirus program that I know of will pick it up. If
you got the above picture on your screen (not the store your password box,
but one that looks like it)... then your password has been stolen already.
What you need to do is....
 1. go into explorer by right clicking on the start button and hitting
explore.
 2. scroll up to the AOL folder, and click on the + sign next to it.
 3. open the "organize" folder. If there is something that looks like this
____tttt
 or ___llll
 at the top of the list of screen names there, then that is the infectious
file. There may even be two of them.
 ok, now how to get rid of them....
 1. highlight them and send them to the recycle bin.
 2. scroll through the list of screen names in the organize folder and delete
ANY that are not ones that you have made on your account. There will be 2
files for each screen name... the screen name itself, and then a partial
screen name and some numbers after it. For instance, mine would look like
this... 1st file: SlyDevil30   2nd file: SlyDevil30LRL  Those are legitimate
files. Any with names you don't recognize need to be highlighted and deleted.
 3. In explorer, hit the + sign next to the organize folder, and then open up
the "cache" folder underneath it.
 4. Do the same exercise here, deleting the _____ttt or ____lll files, and
any unfamiliar name files.
 5. Close out of explorer, and EMPTY THE RECYCLE BIN.
 6. Reboot the computer.
 7. Start up AOL, and sign on to every screen name. If the passwords aren't
stored, be sure to type in the WRONG password the first time, and then type
in the correct one when it asks you to redo it. Go to My AOL, passwords, and
change the password for each screen name.
 Now you can go back to explorer, and the organize folder, to make sure that
the infectious files are gone. Should be allllll set.

My advice is for no one to store their password/words on their computer.
Makes it too easy for these hackers.  Happy surfing all.  <smile>