Hi Richard,
Any good receiver will work as well as any other, if they are good.
The receiver should be up in the nose to add nose weight and stay clear of the
carbon boom. Put the antenna outside the boom and let the last 10 or 12 inches
hang free. You will hear lots of comments about no problems with the antenna
inside the boom etc., but you should keep the antenna as free from shielding as you
can. Carbon does conduct and can act as a shield so keep the antenna outside of the
carbon.
A test with a Spectrum Analyzer would end the chatter but I don,t have one at the
moment
so you are open to lots of ideas.
Tjhermals,Art