As most of you are aware, we are having our first annual Air Race Slope Bash
on Sept 16, 2000.  This is a fun fly event that will take place at the Red
Rock site beginning around 1:00 PM.  If you don't know anything about it,
then go to http://www.scrollsander.com/AirRaceFunFly.htm and get the latest
information.

However, our day of flying begins earlier than you know.  We have been
invited by the Parks and Recreation Department (PARD) to participate in
their annual Junior Air Races.  They are not actually Air Races.  It is an
event sponsored by the PARD to get the community out for a hobby fair.  S3
has been asked to come out and show and fly our airplanes.  We have been
also been encouraged to bring out airplanes that the public can fly.  This
means Highlanders and anything else you might be willing to buddy box
someone on.

The "Junior Air Race" event will take place from 9:00AM to 1:00PM at the
North Valley Regional Sports Complex in Stead.  The park is located at 8085
Silver Lake Road, just off of Stead Blvd.  From 395, take the Stead exit and
turn right on Silver Lake Blvd. (your first right I think).  Drive until you
see the sports complex.  We flew there once before during ground-breaking
ceremonies a couple years ago.  S3 will have a booth/table to display
things.  We will provide information about the club, give away model
magazines, and hand out information about the slope event that will take
place later that day.  Hopefully we will have our banner completed by that
time.  If you have something special that you would like to contribute to
this event, or have some good ideas about how to make it better, please send
the information along, or bring it to the field on the morning of the 16th.

We will likely be flying with the Reno Radio Control Club.  We will use
their frequency board if they decide to participate.  Else, we will use our
own.  Come early and give yourself time to get through the Reno Air Race
traffic and to help set up if you want.  Whatever you choose to do, BRING
YOUR AIRPLANES AND FLY!  REMEMBER TO THINK SAFETY FIRST WHEN FLYING THIS
WEEKEND!

We will have our regular scheduled club contest on the 17th.  This is the
normal day.  We are not rescheduling the contest.  But if you can't fly two
days in a row, we will have a fun fly at Laura Springs on the 24th.

Through this Hobby Fair event, I came into contact with a park director that
has indicated to me that right now is an excellent time to talk to the
planners of the North Valley Complex about providing an area of the park for
flying.  It is possible we can have a launch and landing area.  I will be
discussing this further with the park director and getting more details.

Take care and see you all next Saturday,
Oliver

I may have missed some interested people in this mailing.  If so, please
forward this message.

Chris, you may want to contact Denise @ 971-8561 about setting up a booth
for your Scrollsander product.