From: Jim Cubbage [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 3:19 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; Donald and Jennifer Martin
Cc: RCSE
Subject: RE: [RCSE] Low-end computer radio

Hello,

I have a Futaba 6XAS and it will allow you to setup a full plane.  I have
set it up on my Javelin so I can practice with it.

What it doesn't have is the mixing control the more advanced radio's have
with all the extras.  Now you may say, well I don't need that stuff, I just
need the basic setup to practice.  That is a false assumption.  I have just
bought a Futaba 8UAF so I can have all the mixing options for a HLG or Full
House setup plane.  You see, having these extra options allows you to create
a plane that is in the end, easier to fly.

You see, if you buy a 6 channel radio and you like flying a full house
plane, then you will quickly appreciate the advanced options a better Tx
presents.  Then you will want to go out and buy that one and in the end
spend more money.  I would rather grow into an item, than out of it.

Jim Cubbage