I respectfully agree. Not only great concern to possible casualties,
but their lawyers too. :-)

I am not in Aviation industry, so every mail I get is a learning
experience.

Landing on the moon require collective efforts, just about any
solution in that project produce one or more new problem. I call that
problem solving process, or structuring the task (problem) into
multiple layers. That may be more familiar to scientist and engineers.
I also understand instructions and procedures is more appreciated in
the service industry.

I am not capable to offer any one step solution to a problem of this
magnitude, this can be a team effort. If I can provide one step
solution, I would not be typing this now. I hope that was some
direction where we can explore and still have a reasonable return down
there.

A person jumping off a cruising plane empty handed will fall dead, not
if he has a parachute. How reliable is parachute on a solid boost
rocket? on a fighter pilot? on a rudder?

Pneumatic ruddering? Forced air vent on both side near leading edge of
V-fin.
Leading edge ruddering?
Ruddering spoiler?

Let me see your constructive thoughts. :-).

YK Chan