Another thing about wax paper is that different brands are,
well...different.  I've used wax paper to cover the plans of several
built-up models I've built, and some wax papers just seems to be less stick
resistant then others.  It's not a big problem in this case, but if it were
covering every square inch of the paper, and under pressure for hours (as
in a wing being bagged), it could end up being a disaster.  Remember, they
make the stuff so food won't stick to it...not industrial grade epoxies.
Make sure you get the good stuff.

A couple times, I've tried mixing epoxy on wax paper (yeah, probably not a
good idea).  Often the epoxy would end up sorta milky colored, and would
not cure properly.  Possibly that's a different situation, but this would
still make me want to avoid using it in direct contact with curing epoxy in
a structural part of the airplane.

Your milage may vary.