Rich,
Sorry to hear that, I lost stuff at the parking lot too.
Let me offer an idea and hope you can turn it into a solution that
work best for you.
Replace the siren function of your alarm system with your TX on a 10V
regulator, carry your on-channel Rx in office. (note: assume Tx turn
on replacing siren go off. Without TX signal, most rx will once in a
while glitch and hold off center in random directions, bundling loop
rx antenna wire can reduce its effective length that can reduce the
glitching effect, but Tx antenna must extend. try an error for best
result)
YK Chan
Seattle