Hi d.o.. . .I may have looked at those ply mounts wrongly, but my
impression was that I could not use them in thin wings. I do not recall
that they allowed the servo to go in even with the underside of the mounts.
I'll get in touch with the friend I gave them to and take another look.

No discredit to Volz was intended. In fact, I have been working with Mike
and with Kimbrough Products, who do the RDS couplers, to get an adapter
molded for use with the Volz servos and those are now on the new 5 adapter
tree.

If the servo bottom can reach the skin, then to use the mount with the RDS,
which may require tilting to aligng the drive shaft between the coupler and
the pocket, it would only be necessary to cover the mount bottom with 1/64"
ply to keep the epoxy, etc. out of the laser cut openings.

I'm real curious of I missed something and will take another look first
chance I get to catch up with the friend I gave the mounts to.