I bought a copy as well. Being a follower of the orginal Flight Simulator
from Microsoft way back when they were truly micro... I can vouch for
HangSim. I would not give a high credibity rating on the control realism
when piloting the glider. The controls seem a little simplified, but are
adequet. What HangSim does better than any other sim on the market is model
thermal and slope activity. If you truly want to get a sense of energy
retention skills, HangSim is definately a bargain. I enjoy flying on of the
hangliders along the beach slopes,  it is always fun to see how far over the
water you can go, or how far back into the rotor disutrbance on the back
side of the hills. Wind and slope lift are accurately modeled in my opinion.
Of course, I've never strapped myself into a hanglider and attempted to
crash the roto turbalence 50 feet off of the ground. It would be fun if we
could convince the author to model a few HLGs and then try to thermal them
from a simulated handlaunch.

Joedy Drulia
Shenandoah Valley, VA