Maybe you should hold a Gentle Lady one design contest then.  Or if you
can't get enough contestants then there is a Nostalgia Class as well.

What your saying is a sail plane enthusiast can't buy a $40 dollar foam
airplane and compete.
One would have to spend 100s of hours learning to build a wooden airplane,
correctly. (Can one still get wooden planes?)  I think that is detrimental
to get Juniors and new people interested in gliding.

The technology is available let's utilize it.

At 10:49 AM 10/12/00 -0700, Charles Miller wrote:
>RES?
>It seems to me that there are some people out there that want WIN!! At
>any cost...
>So lets put hundreds of dollars into an RES, and go fly against Gentle
>ladies!!!    How can a pilot feel good about that????   Where is the
>sportsmanship in fair play???
>I think this is forcing another class.. OPEN RES????    WOOD RES???
>I think if your that serious about having the best, latest greatest
>ship. go with unlimited!!!
>Charlie

Steve Meyer  http://SOARchicago.com/stmeyer/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]