I'd like to get some sort of bag to carry my 120" span plane, but mainly
for convenience, as opposed to all out protection.  Because of this, I'm a
bit too cheap to shell out $160 for a custom airplane bag.  I was wondering
if there are any alternatives to the more expensive, purpose built airplane
bags?

Also, has anyone tried using a snowboard bag?  I've been looking at them on
the net, and it seems like they would fit the bill, in that they are
padded, often have multiple pockets for stuff, and are generally over 60"
long (big enuf for a 2 piece open-class wing).  Some even have multiple
pockets for multiple boards (or wings). The cool thing is that they seem to
run about half the price of a similarly sized custom airplane bag.  I
figure it shouldn't be too hard to adapt one of these to use for a big
glider.  What'dya think?

Brett