That is true, Jim, and the Hobie Hawks are no doubt worth every cent.  I was
commenting more on the Feeding Frenzy on eBay than anything else.

My current projects are refurbishing an old Windfree and an Oly 99.  I've even gone to
the extent of getting an empty Kraft Brick case and making a functional "brick" using
modern servos and Rx.

See, I'm as insane as the rest...

--Bill

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:01:31 -0500 Jim Ealy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>For those of you that want a good laugh, watch the end of the auction
>for a NIB Hawk with the extra 10' wing on E-Bay.  Go to E-Bay and search
>on "Hobie Hawk" Three guys are bidding each other up and are currently
>at $660 (as of 430pm Friday).  This one ends at about 830 am on Wed, Oct
>25.  I can't wait to see where this insanity ends up.  It may set a new
>standard for over-valuation, and the guy that put it up will certainly
>benefit from the bidders overt lust.

I have 5,  one with 10 ft wings  I fly and love those hobies' (landings).
I wonder how many of the present $600 to $1200 ships that some people lust
after will bring $660  TWENTY FIVE  +++++ years from now.  OR for that
matter, who will even remember that they existed????  IMHO

just a thought.  Also, seems to me that many of these new $700 ships use a
lot of Hobie Alter's OLD catamaran/surfboard technology.

jim ealy (wearing nomax)