> If it was just a marketing ploy I doubt that
> Robbe would launch a new generation chargers
> using said technology.

I don't have the technical knowledge to judge,
but I Red seemed knowledgeable.
However, several things start to puzzle me :
. Victor Engineering IQ3 is now offering flex charging
  (And Red owns a Victor Engineering Charger)
. Galaxy Power has a charge Processor ICS 1702 that is doing the
  Reflex charging.
. Galaxy power QuickSaver has been tested by NASA Johnson Space Center,
  and the results seem to prove that this is a good techo, it improves
  the life of the battery.

and has you said, Robbe has a Reflex charger ....

By the way, the result from the NASA seems to show that the nominal
capacity of the battery is achieved at 200 charge cycles, and that
it goes over 100% between 200 and 400 cycles  !!!

It seems also that before 200 cycles, Burb charging is less efficient
than regular charging, and this is inversed after 200.

And there is also on the Galaxy Power site a PhD thesis which says :
" Performance cycling and calorimetric analysis of nickel metal hydride
cells have revealed that reverse pulse (“burp”) charging improves
performance over other charging techniques. Burp charging periodically
applies a short-duration, high-rate discharge pulse followed by a short
rest during an otherwise galvanostatic charge. Results show improved
charge input and output, lower heat generation during charge, lower
charge overvoltage, and no loss of cycle life."

JC

http://home.netvigator.com/~jethobby/chargers/victor.html
http://www.galaxypower.com/organization/services.htm