I have not flown the Blade, I have only looked at its construction. From this
standpoint the Opus is a far better plane. The Blade
is balsa molded and the balsa grain is clearly visible through the paint. The Opus is
roacell molded and its finish is one of the
finest produced. Structurally the Opus is a beast; it does not have carbon skins, but
it doesn't need them. The Opus is one tough
molded plane. I have put mine through extreme DS with no flutter or wing twisting at
mach speed. The Blade is not nearly the
structural beast the Opus is and I would be very concerned that the thin swept back
tips on the wing and tail are prone to breaking.
The Opus is not the lightest plane weighing in at 50 ounces and a 14.9 ounce wing
light lift. The Opus is a slope machine not a plane to go thermaling with. The Blade I
would assume is a lighter plane and would be
better suited for inland slopes that cycle frequently. By the way, as far as speed is
concerned the Opus is a cruse missile on
steroids.

Doug Reel
Pacific Palisades, CA