I'm sure this has been tried before, but I can't
remember hearing anyone mention it.

What about using a spring loaded, two position push
switch for receiver power?  Like this one from Radio
Shack:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F010%5F007%5F006%5F000&product%5Fid=900%2D8113

When off, the button's sticking out from the fuse.
When you click it on, it fits flush with the fuse.  I
don't see how it could accidently turn off in flight
(I guess you'd have to be careful where you hold in on
launch, or you could turn it off right when you
release it!)  I doubt it weighs much.  With a little
paint the button could nearly match the fuse and be
almost invisible.  When in the on position, it would
create almost no drag.

Something I'm not sure about is it's amperage capacity
and it's long-term reliability.

Anyone try this before?  What are the problems?

Thanks in advance!

John