From: Jim Cubbage [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 11:47 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [RCSE] JR Servos, what is the difference

Hello,

I want to buy servos for a new ship due next week.  I have narrowed it down
to JR 341s and JR 331s.  I am going to go with the 331s on the flaps and get
the 351MG gear set.  Comes out about the same, just more torque for the
331s.

I have noticed that the 331s and the 341s are almost exactly the same except
for the motor.  What does the 5 ferrite motor in the 341 give you that the 3
ferrite motor in the 331 doesn't?  The 331 is stronger and that is good for
flaps, but what advantage does the 341 have over the 331?  They seem about
the same speed.  Obviously I do not need the torque of the 331 for a vtail
so I am wondering if the 341 is a bit more accurate when it centers, or is
it more precise?  I mean it costs more than the 331 so what do you get for
the extra $$?

Jim Cubbage