In a message dated 11/5/00 8:21:31 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
<< The point here is that if you Don't blow up as many planes, despite the
fact that you are flying as much and as aggressively as the rest of the guys,
does this make you less of a DS pilot?  I sure wouldn't say that about Joe!

I know Joe has blown up his share of planes (in flight) probably more than
anyone. Without a doubt he is the fastest and smoothest DS'er I've ever seen.
The rest of us typically advance to the next level SLF ~Sanitary Land Fill~
by smacking into the ground, trees or other planes at warp speed.

Here's a DS difficulty rating system for ya. JW thought this one up.
Take the top speed while DS'n (you'll need a radar gun) and divide that
number by the wingspan of the plane you were flying. The higher the number
the harder/higher the rating.

150mph ÷ 48" span= 3.13
150mph ÷120" span=1.25

While foamies are the safest and cheapest way to learn as George Joy
mentioned earlier the bigger span glass/molded planes are the easiest way to
find and exploit the energy behind the hill. If your gonna use foam then Pat
Bowman's new EPP flying wing the 'JW' is the way to go.

Dave 'DSLF 4' Reese