From: John Baumbach [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2000 1:59 PM
To: Soaring Newsletter
Subject: [RCSE] DS and nylon wing bolts

A buddy of mine took his Opus V into the ground pretty
hard while DS'ing.  The fuse is ok but the wing spar
broke out through the wing skin.

Since the Opus has a metal wing bolt, it had no chance
to break first and save the wing.  It seems like
having a nylon bolt would have prevented the damage
(of course, at the expense of structural strength).
Has anyone ever heard of a nylon wing bolt breaking in
the air?

Thanks in advance.

John