Okay, I have had a bunch of guys send me info so I thought I would just post
this once to the group.

My 8103 does not have a diode.  Friday night I made a cable for my Alpha 4
to charge my transmitter.  The Alpha is very smart.  I had the polarity
wrong the first time I plugged it into the Alpha and it simply read
"reverse" and did not harm anything.  Don't try that with your average
charger!  So I simply reversed the wires and resoldered everything and it
worked great!

Thanks for all your help!

Burke Jones
Custom Cores