I used to own a 7UAFS "Super 7" (the US equivelent of the FF7, I believe).  It will
handle a flaperoned sailplane, and v-tail and
elevon quite well.  The primary limitations are the 4 model memory and (in the UAFS)
the inability to do more complex stuff like
Crow and full span camber mixing on a full-house glider.  I think that the glider
version, the UGFS, had these additional glider
features.  To give you a persective on value, I sold my Super 7 transmitter, freq
module and battery a few months ago for about
$120US.

I got a Futaba 8uafs and haven't looked back since.