What works well on balsa and to some extent any wood is steam. I first wet
with water and allow to soak for several minutes and then use a monokote
iron on it. Usually I use a trim tool on high heat, your ding is larger so I
would probably try the larger iron first. You can repeat this process
several times to get better results. On uncovered balsa leading edges I like
to poke the larger dents with a needle several times to facliltate water
penetration, iron, rewet and iron again, allow to dry overnight, hit the
damaged region with thin CA, sand lightly and give myself a pat on the back.
I would probably use finishing resin on your ding, it will restore strength
to the wood. Soar on Dude!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Suder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "RCSE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 7:47 PM
Subject: [RCSE] Dings in Obeche wings


>
> How do you fix dings in Obeche over foam wings?  I have a ding about 1
1/2'
> x  1/4"  x 1/8" deep.  Can I steam it out?  Any recommendations on
fillers?
> Any other technique?
>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"
and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]



RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to