Oh, I fully realize what you were talking about - I was disagreeing with the
statement that you need to dive excessively. What's the point in bleeding
off altitude for airspeed? That isn't what a zoom is about. Sure you need a
mild dive to perform this, but you don't need a steep one. The added effect
from the zoom is gained mainly from tensioning the line...not from dive
speed. That's why the wings need to be that strong on zoomable airplanes,
the winch is almost pulling directly downwards with up to 200lb of line
tension.

Adam