In addition, there is another Samurai config to consider.

One of the local clubbies had a Samurai some time back which he setup in a
conventional configuration:  fixed wings, hinged ailerons, hinged
ruddervators.

The reason he did this was to alleviate some of the common faults of the
"twisty wang" birds, including nasty spin tendencies at low speeds/high AoA,
and some *severe* loads placed on a wingeron servo.

What he ended up with was a very stable, incredibly fast ship (with ballast
and big air).  One of the better tracking and smooth fliers I've seen to
date, even when placed in company with high dollar moldies.  And lordy,
could it turn up the heat in a straight line! Really was a sweet ship, but
met its fate in some midair incident, I believe.

Yet another alternative to muddy up your decision process.  :)

JS in ABQ