The reason that pro athletes are so inconsistent, and so few excell, is
precisely because they have little conscious understanding of what they are
doing. I believe this is what you are trying to express.

The greater your conscious understanding, the greater can be your
consistancy and progress. Notions about genetics [playing the key role] are
greatly over rated.

I have spent the last 10 years trying to convince pro ball teams that you
can in fact train athletes in a systematic and definite manner.
Unfortunately this task is almost like trying to get a mongroloid child
through high school! No geniuses in pro sports to say the very least.

Rick