Good point about the lift at any temp!!
I fly full scale gliders... One thing that we allways need to know is
the laps rate...  What is the laps rate???
When the air at altitude is cooler as you go higher.. the thermals will
rise through that air faster, and with more intensity. Hot air rises
through cold air , better than through warmer or hotter air....
In Colorado.. With all the sun days we get. we do have heat building up
,,, The spring , Fall season is the best for max thermals...
As far as models go.. and the low altitudes we fly. I am not sure we
need the max laps rate for good lift....
But the more I fly R/C Gliders , the more amazed I am as to how much
lift there is out there on a regular basis...
I also agree, I am ready for the southwest
Charlie