Daniel,
Send me your address and I'll send you a UpLink vert stab and the instruction
sheet for that part of my short kit. 1/16" is far too thin to cope with
either the stab mount or the elevator control linkage. The UpLink uses 1/8
inch contest balsa for the vert stab with a routed groove for an inset elevator
control sheath that houses a custom 0.022 inch stainless steel control linkage.
The stab platform is 1/8 inch thick and 3/8 inch wide contest balsa with
nylon nuts recessed flush with the surface and secured with a swatch of
1.4 oz glass and epoxy. The stab platform is braced to the V stab with a
1/8 x 3/8 triangle strip of contest balsa under each edge of the platform.
Extra f/g is used where required to allow for launch and X-wind landing
loads on the V stab. The V stab is probably the most critical part in any
modern (discus launch) hlg. Phil, Harold, and Adam, have lead the way in
modern T-tail hlg designs. I have tried to adopt the best ideas from all
of them. :-)
--
Dick Barker
Seattle, WA