OK, at Jon's behest, I have done a more thorough test. For 2 HS50 servos and
a Hitec 555 rx, current measured at idle:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

30.0ma@6v

This slight reduction in drain at lower voltage actually coincides with what
Don Stackhouse mentioned to me. The reciever alone drew a steady 11.4ma
throughout this range.

My equiptment isn't really set up for instantaneous readout, but gentle
jiggling of the sticks drew around 100ma. I feel that 45-150ma is probably
the range of what these servos draw when we are making small corrections. A
sharp rudder elevator input showed spikes of as much as 1.79amps, but the
actual figure is probably higher.

Rick