In trying to choose an open class sized RES ship with some sort of
'comtemporary' airfoil, I found the field very limited and eventually came
down to the Majestic from Laser Arts and the Marauder from MM Glider Tech.

I did a search of RCSE and the soaring news group and found numerous postive
comments on the Majestic.  I found nothing on the Marauder.  The Majestic is
a nice looking ship but I prefer a cruciform tail over v-tail (base on
nothing more than personal style preference).

I also came up with an idea of modifying an Alcyone 3M to be a RES ship.
The price is competitive with the Majestic ($220 vs. $150) and it has a 7032
to 7037 airfoil.

So, I'd like to ask for comments on the Marauder and the idea of using the
Alcyone as a RES ship.  You can offer comments on the Majestic but its
probably not necessary given how much good I've already read on that plane.

Thanks,
Dave Seay