In the heat of my excitment, I failed to mention the "fuslage" is a pod and
boom. So The fuse part I was takling about was actually a pod. The boom is a
carbon shaft which will slide into the pod. I have over the years built a
number on ships and one of truly anoying things I had to do, was to figure
out how to slip the boom into the pod, rather how to insure a perfect fit as
well as a perfect alignment. Most of the time it was plug and pray.
I am therefore happy to report the team of PPW have done real good. Plug and
perfect. I am very happy about this....Onward.
The carbon shaft is stiff...very stiff. I'm not about to "test to fail" but
if you give it a moderate bend, it is stiff.
At the aft end of the tube there is affixed a balsa fin. The fin is
beautiful... full gloss and wraped with light weight FG cloth...3/4 oz I
guess. At the top of the fin a balsa saddle is set in place to bolt on the
stab/elevator. Yes its a "T" tail. The linkage is installed, ready to go.
Smallpatches of FG installed at points requiring added strength. The patches
were not slopped on,  they were placed... with a great deal of care. There
is a very small fillet of epoxy/ micro at the joint...a small detail...but
perfect. Cut into the elevator, a slot, perfectly shaped, into which there
sits a small piece of aluminum tubing. This is to recieve the push rod..
The linkage is slop free period. The stab will be bolted on to the
saddle...yes its ready to do just that.
Its the details and more details that make a great kit....
Next...

 The Wing.

Your Friend Bozo
aka Starvin Marvin