I think the landing is the hardest part! As in full scale soaring, the
landing aproach is a precision manuver. It's very critical! There is a
big penalty paid if you mess up!!
In soaring contests there are several cases where everyone will stay up!
The lift is everywhere...  The precision landing aren't nessesarily DORK
landings. They are what you make them.. If your speed and pattern are
correct. It will be a nice low energy landing. I think the DORK landings
are a result of inproper speed. Going to fast makes a pilot drive it in
to hard. They have no choice, if they want landing points.. I try never
to have to drive a model in hard. Besides, the rules for unlimited are
very stricked. You can't loose a part on landing. You can't flip over!
In F3J european event!!! They are allowed to drive them in and destroy
them if they want.. As long as the nose cone stays on the tape, they are
ok!!
I think that makeing a low energy landing is a very hard thing to do
everytime with conditions the we deal with.. The models will take a
slightly hard DORK. But I have seen very hard DORKS.. There is no reason
for that... Well? Except for Visalia. Where they set up for down wind
landings.. Very different comared to what we are use to. But never the
less a challenge. And everyone is on the same page.
I think it is much better to master the landings than to change the
rules... There are many people who would like to see skeggs go away to..
If they do?? Fine!! I will learn to land with out skeggs...
Cheers
Charlie