In a message dated 12/18/00 6:36:15 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Why not have contests that developed skills akin to those
 required to fly full scale aircraft? >>

John,

We are already having those type of contests in the US, gee I think Elmira
might come to mind.  Scale planes are great when flown in scale like manners,
US TD planes are great when flown in TD like manners.  To each their own.
This is an age old arguement that never changes.  The bottom line is to go
out and have fun which ever venue you chose to have fun in and if you choose
not to fly TD then don't, but please do not complain about those of us who
choose to.  As for flying and thermalling ablities, I will put our US TD
pilots skills up against any group out there.

See Ya,

Pat McCleave
Wichita, KS