Many thanks for John, Dennis, Harley etc. for the design tips and information
where to buy Balsa.  Dennis reminded me of a hobby shop I visited a short
while ago that likely has all the supplies I will need for this weekend
project.  Better to go see the store owner than to order this stuff over the
internet - that takes too long, plus the store *is* very conveniently located
5 miles from my house.

Thanks again everyone for indulging my newbie questions.  Harley asked, and I
will relay here - I have *never* glued a peice of balsa before, so my
questions are usually *really* brand new, basic questions.  I think the EPP
fliers I am looking at will be perfect while I improve my modeling skills.
:-)

Stuart

>===== Original Message From "John O'Sullivan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>"Stuart A. Hall" wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the plans and I am going to build a few with my 5 year old
this
>> weekend.
>>
>> Question:  what are the best sources of supplies?  Do I need to get to a
hobby
>> shop to buy the balsa, or is there another source (I assume Home Depot
doesn't
>> have it)?  And for the nose weight - a good cheap source?  I have to buy
>> everything so I might as well get the cheapest stuff I can - plumbers
putty?

> If you do not have a hobby shop conveniently located, try some of the Art
and Craft stores as they also stock a limited amount of
>balsa. Ordinary Plasticine is the No.1 choice for noseweight.
>Have fun, The Whipper Whiz is an excellent therapy for young and old, and in
spite of its simplicity can give some good insights
>into the wonders of aerodynamics.
>John O'Sullivan
>Nova Scotia
>
>Wind and Wave Models
>http://members.nbci.com/WindandWave/

Stuart Hall
Linux Slot car timing systems - http://deslot.sourceforge.net
Personal web pages - http://www.stuarthall.net
AOL IM:  duckman147  - feel free to IM or ICQ me anytime I am online
ICQ# 99818383