This is a re-posting from Harley with some additional stuff from me.

Remember to e-mail your scores and times to me DIRECTLY at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
or it'll get lost for sure in the clutter.  It would also help to use the
following subject line:
WHIPPER WHIZ INDOOR/OUTDOOR GPS RELIEF CONTEST
With enough Guinness, I may be able to talk James into doing an on-line
form so you could enter your scores from the Buzzard page . . . . we'll
see. It's going to be a long month!
I will try (no promises) to post the highest three scores in each division
for both time and distance with a complete tally early in February!  Happy
Whizzing,
Jack

The winner of the Intergalactic Indoor 2000 Whipper Whiz HLG 2000 Contest -
December, 26 time aloft - Big Kid class was Dick Proseus, Wilson, NC 10.73
seconds The WORLD DISTANCE RECORD was won by:
 > Bill Swingle, Janesville, CA  With a best distance of: 32 feet

The current distance record in the Little Kid Class is Tanner McCleave (age
9) with a Distance of 153 feet.  I believe this was outdoor.  Maybe proud
Dad Pat can shed some light on that.

While Tom Broeski of Afton, VA holds the outdoor records at 36.03 seconds
and 171' 4". and currently we are looking at 11.83 seconds flown by Dick
Proseus for starting off the GPS Indoor Contest let's look at this for the
outdoor time:

"PS My son called from England, guess he'll be on 'officially' to you soon -
he built 7 gliders, flew on a cold calm supermarket parking lot and actually
thermal led one off over nearby rooftops at about 42 seconds. I have to
wonder why I bothered.... but it was fun. I think. Well, it seems better to
look back on now I'm warm again. He's 31 going on - well... 15?"
It's from Jim Moseley by way of his Dad and then to me by Clifford Schwinger.
I don't know if "about 42 seconds" was timed or not.  Maybe I'll receive
more information.
Meanwhile, we have some idea of where we are starting from.  Harley is the
official "last word" on any of this and his is the final and definitive
rule on any aspect of the Whipper Whiz and records and contests and
anything else he feels like speaking ex cathedra on!  So there.
ANNOUNCEMENT, WHIPPER WHIZ INDOOR/OUTDOOR GPS RELIEF CONTEST

DATES: from now through Sunday, Jan 28.

CLASSES: BIG KIDS AND LITTLE KIDS. (Participants decide which they are in)

EVENTS: DURATION and DISTANCE. Fly at your convenience, any # of times you
want, INDOORS or OUTDOORS.

Scores: Turn in scores to Jack by Jan 29th. . . [EMAIL PROTECTED] Give name,
class, city, duration, distance and whether indoor or outdoor. If you
improve on a prior score, let Jack know, so current rankings can be
accurately kept.

RULES: Same as before: Wing must be made from a 1" x 6" piece of 1/16"
balsa. Freely modify the basic airframe as you wish. Unlimited # of
airframes may be entered. Arm power only for launch.

Find the basic Whipper Whiz plans at
http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articles.htm. Page down to the On Line plans
section and to get into some pics, courtesy of John O'Sullivan. Pics can
also be seen courtesy of Cliff Schwinger at
http://members.home.net/cliff/ww.htm

Guys. . .if you have not participated in this nonsense before, you have no
idea how much of kick it can be to see the performance possible with such a
tiny chuck glider, even without modifications. The kids are delighted to
mess with these things, especially if there is someone with them to help
them out. It's fun and actually educational.