I'm tempted to buy a Telario some day, but is the 433 MHz-Band USA-legal?  I seem to
recall that it might not be.  The only other r/c vario that I know of currently is the
Multiplex Helios, which operates on the CB band (27 mhz).

I'd like to borrow an old ACE Thermal Sniffler and reverse-engineer one for personal
use.

--Bill

On Thu, 04 Jan 2001 13:11:46 -0600 "James V. Bacus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 01:59 AM 1/4/2001, YK Chan wrote:
>Actually, I think a altimeter watch that can talk would be
>nice. Just hook up a voice down-link in the plane and
>monitor it with a scaner.

YK, that is exactly what I do, and that is exactly what the Telario Talk
offers...

http://www.thommys.com/html/picolario_english.htm

Jim
Downers Grove, IL