Hi All,

I maintain the winches for my club and I always put #30 - 295 lb. twisted
line on the winch spools.  We have a lot of blackberry plants and the
really chew up monofilament line and of course the twisted line doesn't
tangle when it is new line mono does.  Braided line just doesn't seem, to
me any way, to have the snap that the twisted line does.  We also use #9 -
84 lb twisted line on the retriever.  What line do you guys and gals use
and why?

Gary Baldwin
Tallahassee, Florida