Well I have two things to report:
1st) I found out that if you take the case off of the Multiplex 7channel IPD
rx it is the same weight (actually a gram or two less) than a caseless 555.
(I had just replaced the antenna on both of them with some 33gauge wire of
equal length.)

2nd) After receiving all the emails, I came home and made up a 3 cell pack
of 50mahs and 110mah Nicads (Didn't get a chance to run over to Mr.Nicad and
get some NiMHs)... after replacing the antenna wire on my rxs and building
the packs, I stuck the 50mah pack in w/ the rx, put the "hood" back on and
screwed on the wings... tested CG and it was with in 2mm of the suggest
value (I just need to slide the battery forward a little... still have an
inch in front of it)... set in on the  digital scale and... 7.4oz!
WooHoo!!!

        Now I just can't wait for some of this stupid snow to melt so that I can
get out in the field and give it a throw (I tried walking in a field this
weekend and realized that the snow is a lot deeper than it looks...I turned
around after about three steps)...

Thanks for everyone's help,
Daniel