Hello,
I've been using a different approach to program in a launch preset using my
JR 8103 for Discus launching. I use the 'throttle' stick and have the rudder
deflect near 75% of the throw when the stick is in the top position. Pulling
the stick back will 'proportionally' decrease the rudder deflection until it
is neutral at the bottom. My left thumb is on the stick during launch, and I
can just pull it back once the plane straightens out because my thumb is
ever present on the transmitter during launch.

This allows you to change the amount of 'preset' really quickly for a
launch. When it's windy and you want more deflection for a launch, the
throttle is at full for the launch. In light conditions, you can start out
with the throttle at 75% or 50% all without having to reprogram.

Makes it easy to 'fine tune' in your Discus launch technique for even higher
launches!

Jeff Winder
Cincinnati, OH