At 09:59 AM 2/15/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Wow.  Some story.
>
>Post-flight, what did they find out?  Was the heat shield actually loose,
or was it a false reading?

>--Bill

The loose heat shield was a false alarm.

In answer to another private message, it only took a few minutes to upload
the article since it was from a collection I have been writing over the
years for the benefit of my children and grandchildren.  There are several
more aviation related stories in the collection but RCSE is supposed to be
about models and soaring.  I may post some of them at a future date but not
too often.

Chuck Anderson