It'll be a tight fit no matter what.

I just retrofitted spoilers to an Oly 99 and here is a rundown of what I did:

1. I cut a 3/16" deep notch in the ribs just aft of the spar and framed a rectangular
spoiler bay out of 3/16" x 3/16" stick balsa.  The floor of the bay is 1/32" balsa
sheet and is absent in the center where the servo fits.

2. The spoiler blade is 1-1/4" x ~10" (a even number of ribs) and made of 1/16" ply
faced with 3/32" balsa.  The balsa faces outward and initally stands a bit proud of
the top surface of the wing.  Sand the balsa to match the curve of the wing surface,
and paint or cover.  The spoiler hinge is done with hinge-tape.

3. A 1/16" ply plate is glued between two ribs near the center of the spoiler bay at
the bottom of the wing.  There is enough room to fit a sub-micro servo between the
spoiler blade and this ply plate.  The servo is held to the play plate with
double-sided servo tape.

4. Actuation is by either an extended servo arm pushing against the (spring-closed)
spoiler blade or by a short linkage between the servo arm and the spoiler blade.  Run
servo extensions to the wing root and thence a) to a Y-connector to the Spoiler
Channel or b) use two added extensions and run one servo from the Spoiler Channel and
mix SPOI with an AUX channel to run the other servo.  The latter is preferred since
you can adjust each spoiler separately with the ('puter) Tx.

5. This is only one way to do spoilers, YMMV.

--Bill