Please, please my down under colleagues. We shouldn't shouldn't be
bagging (dissin'?) the northern hemispheres tastes in things aesthetic.
After we did give to the world these visual classics.

"The Lightburn Zeta - an Australian designed car (325cc from 1963) which
did for motoring what Beethoven did for aviation. The Zeta came out of
an Adelaide factory which normally turned out washing machines and
cement mixers, most of them more streamlined than the Zeta."
http://smh.com.au/drive/content/971212/graphics/Cult5.jpg

The Jindavik and Pika. The Pika was the land of Oz's first and only self
designed and flown pure jet man carrying aircraft. The Jindavik is its
drone offspring.
http://users.interact.net.au/~pwia/Photo/pika-01.jpg

The Wackett. Flew as good as it looked
http://home.st.net.au/~dunn/wackett.jpg

The Transavia Airtruk. One of New Zealand's first commercial
aeronautical
efforts although our country thought it was so good we took over
development and produced it.
http://www.geocities.com/aviophile/aircraft/ugly/airtruk_01.jpg

However we did manage to build this The CAC CA-15
http://www.raafmuseum.com.au/research/aircraft/a2series/ca_15.htm
which although looked like a Mustang was bigger and faster and better
looking. It is just that the rest of the world was building jets by
then. Who says we're slow???!!!!

Now back to the ol' Mantis. Yes, it is ferociously ugly but we need a
bit of balance in the world, after all we can't all look as good as me
can we.
http://www.theaviationforum.com/haagendas/images/judasjnr.jpg

--
Brian Ford