On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:13:25 -0800, Jim Miller wrote:

>probably could work but would likely need some sort of error correction to
>handle cell boundary handoffs and signal interruptions.  would also need
>auto answer in case you needed to (hurriedly!!!) dial you plane back up
>after a disconnect.

I was thinking there might be off-the-shelf OEM systems designed for
remote data access. Surely I'm not the first person to think of using a
cell phone for remote control, although I might be the first to suggest
using it for RC aircraft. Came across this site, which might have
something useful: http://www.cdpd.org/.

I've never used a modem with a cellphone. Are they subject to lots of
glitches?

Ken
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my
answer on the list.]