The Fun-1 uses a totally different airfoil though (a rather thick SD 6060,
I think).  IMO, you can't really compare them either way, as the Fun-1 is
somewhat slow, and designed to compete with other Fun-1's.  I have a friend
who's had the obechi sheeted Sparrow and now the composite 66" and he seems
to like both (though it's been a while since he had the wood one).

BTW, a really nice combo is the Fun-1 fuselage with the 60" balsa-sheeted
S3014 Renegade wing.  This is the the wing that came with the original wood
Renegade.  My friend used this combo, and found that it flew faster then
the Fun-1 wing in both light and strong lift.  The double taper also looks
better.  On top of that, the wing fits the Fun-1 fuselage *better* then the
Fun-1 wing (probably because the Fun-1 fuse was originally designed for the
S3014 airfoiled Blazer wing).  Whether or not this wing is still available,
I don't know.

Brett

At 12:27 PM 3/11/01 -0500, Sal DeFrancesco wrote:
>Just goes to show that you have an opinion but not really based on true
facts.
>The CR Fun one has the same wing as the Sparrow 60". Charlie used the Sparrow
>planform. Ask him!. The tail moments are almost identical and the tail
volumes
>are very close.
>
>The composite Sparrow 66" is the best of the group. Since we have sold
close to
>1000 of these many customers concur.
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 3/11/2001 3:23:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>>
>> << Who knows, just one of those things.  I have flown planes that were from
>> the
>>  exact same kit, built the same way, that flew differently.  I am NOT
saying
>>  the glass ones fly bad, its still one of the best all around fun planes I
>>  have flown.  However, as I remember the two different Sparrow versions had
>>  different airfoils.  I thought the wood version (an early one) was a
SD7080