Could anyone please give me an idea as to what loads
are experienced by flap servos. I have currently a 3.5
meter glass fuz, foam and balsa wing, T tail sailplane
which has the flaps driven by a standard servo in the
fuz. The torque rod linkage to the bottom hinged flaps
is far to sloppy and I have now given up trying to fix
it. I am now going to install wing mounted servos to
fix the problem. I have two servo types available
HS101 and GWS Naro Std. The flap size is 840mm X 50mm
per servo. Obviously I would prefer to use the smaller
of the two for weight reasons.
Can anyone assist with information?
Charles