> What type of paint did you use?
> How long did you wait for it to dry?
> Humidity,temp,etc????
>

> Krylon and waiting 24 hours have never failed me.
I've been using the ordinary Orchard Supply paint cans, since I never
managed to find Krylon brand anywhere. I've been pointed to Kragen auto
stuff to try to get some, so I'll see if I can spot it.
I waxed the mylar several times (with self proclaimed mold release wax
that I had been given by a friend that has been using it quite happily),
allowing to dry in between, then sprayed a layer of the paint. It stuck
tolerably well except for some pinholes/fisheyes, so after letting it
dry overnight I gave it another layer and whoosh! crackle finish! The
only cause I have been able to think of is the solvent getting 'under'
the original layer. Does that sound feasible?
I fear I might have done the original layer too soon after the last
waxing & polishing - could that cause fisheye?

I also have to admit (as any of you that know me can attest) that I'm
simply one of those people that hasa hard time with painting. Boy, you
should see the fun I've been having finishing the new bedframe I've been
making.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Useful random insult:- Low on thinking gas.