The other day I had my Omega HLG gutted, as I had to change receiver
crystals to match my new transmitter's frequency. While I had it apart, I
took a look at the transmitter antenna (a Hitec 555), which seems much too
fat...lots of weight hanging out the back of my glider. The FMA receivers I
usually use have a much lighter gauge of wire (a lot less insulation,
anyway), and I've seen some HLG's rigged up with light wire before.

I ran down to Radio Shack looking for wire and ended up buying some 30AWG
wire wrap wire...it's light in color and I think it might be aluminum. It
had an odd name which was sort of like 'kevlar'.

Anyway, I replaced the heavy wire with the same length of this stuff, which
did wonders for the overall weight, moment, etc of the glider, but now I'm
suddenly wondering if the fact that the wire isn't copper might cause
problems.

Input, anyone?

TIA,
Matt