With all this chat about sections, I thought I'd take a little time to
chime in. 7035? MH32? 7037? 7080? 3021? Can we really feel the
difference? What exactly are we feeling? What are we seeing? Daryl -
what the Hell's your point?

My point is, we rarely do direct comparisons when it comes to sections.
And when we do, the conditions we happen to run  into on our first or
second flight usually dictate how we FEEL about the particular section.
In other words - if we happen to pop air on one of our first flights,
well, that's the best damn airplane we ever flew! What an amazing
section! Did you see that? That inverted Clark Y MH-SD-RG-37 Stroke 9
just never comes down! ;-)

IF, we actually take the majority of these sections I've included above
for a TD model, and build indentical models utilizing them (planform,
span, fuselage, stab section and size, weight, cg) - the majority of us
wouldn't be able to feel the difference. Obviously there a couple that
would grab our attention right off the bat - the 7037 and the 3021 would
stand separately (not necessarily better, but aside). BUT - what about
the other 3? It's not until we really push the envelope that we start to
see the differences. This is something 99.9% of you never do. You never
fly a speed run on a measured course against a watch. You never fly laps
against other competitors on a measured course. This is where the
subleties of these sections will really stand out. I've been 19 with a
Psyko in conditions I probably would have gone 18 with an equivalently
built MH32. That's only 1/4 second difference per leg guys. I went 28
laps with the same Psyko. I may have gone 30 with an MH, but I doubt it.

My point is, try not to make general comments about sections that are
solely based on one model. Poorly designed models have killed the
popularity of VERY good sections. And, conversely, very well designed
models have boosted the popularity of sections that really aren't so
great.

So, what's the best section? The one you won your last contest with....

JMHO